Thursday, January 31, 2013

A Revelation

This week that just has passed has allowed me to see the clear things about education, it has open my eyes to see why people aren't good writers, why we lack the sense of thinking critically and why we don't express our good ideas in words? I know I'm not a good writer compared to my peers but I never asked myself why until now? I knew it had to deal with the fact that I don't read much but according to Paulo Freire, we often lack of our writing skills because as one self don't get the opportunity to think critically about the text and write about it. Well that's not exactly how I think he tried to interpret it but it's along the lines of it. Not many read and write for pleasure, studying has always been burden to us he says, if it wasn't like that perhaps there might not be a problem. That's the problem, growing up we are taught reading and writing as two separate
items rather than a process. Wow, this is really astonishing to read about this and now that I know and reflect about my past experiences and understand why my writing has always been terrible. I'm not sure everything that I have been saying has been making sense but its interesting that I decided to write about something else than my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment