Monday, October 28, 2013

Our Relationship: Edgar Martinez**

Even though I don't want to talk about him but I think it's important for you all know about this Edgar Martinez** and what part this particular individual plays in my life. Edgar and I met several semesters ago in a school organization here in Long Beach and through that organization we become good friends. We should have small talks about school, life and sports, something we have in common and I liked that. There was a day in which that relationship of being friends to something else. I'm not sure if I describe it. I was having a bad day; I think I had just come out from a horrible test or presentation that I was feeling horrible. For some reason, he was trying to cheer me up and forget the horrible experience that I had just lived. One moment to another his lips were on top of mine. I pulled way and turned around, What just happen? I thought to myself. Edgar had kissed me. I turn back around, there he was, a smile on his face. I didn't know how to react, I was just speechless. How would you react if suddenly one of your guy friends kisses you? He got closer to me and got my hand, for some reason I felt something. No, not butterflies but a spark I thought it was the weirdness between us. The weird thing about it was that I like the kiss that he gave me and I wanted more so I decided to kiss him again and we ended making out. At the end, we both sat down and we processed what happen, we both didn't have a clue why it happen. I guess it was just an impulse. That day I left home with a huge confusion, did he like me? It took a while for us to see each other again, this incident happen last semester. The next time we saw each other was a week before the fall semester started. I wanted to clear up my mind about him and this other guy, so we decided to meet up at school. We spent our time talking in the 5th floor of the school's library, somewhere private and quiet. Something happen during those 2 hours we spent talking, I felt a click. As we were talking, we held hands and you know what? I felt loved, I felt comfort, safe, as if I've been talking to my best friend. In that moment I knew that he was the one, but I was afraid to admit it. At the end, we agreed to be friends because we felt we weren't ready to take our friendship to another level. We told ourselves, taking small steps at a time maybe in the future we would revisit the topic again. But so far, it's been 2 months and nothing has come up. I'm ready to visit that topic again but I guess he doesn't want to. Since then, we've been texting and texting but that's all. I want to hangout with him and see if I was sure of my decision about him, but as you see he left me hanging on Saturday. What does that say about him?
**not his real name. 

No comments:

Post a Comment