Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Grad Fair 2013

One word, GRADUATION. Graduation/ Commencement season has begun here in Cal State Long Beach. As many are nervously preparing themselves for what their could be their last semester here at Long Beach as others are just step away from receiving their diploma. Many crowd up at the school's bookstore trying to order their Cap and Gowns as well inform about other festivities that might be an interest in. For instance, the Chicano Latino Graduation Celebration (CLGC), a cultural graduation that celebrates the accomplishments of the fellow graduate. What is different among the other commencements, is that this festivity involves the Chican@/Latin@ community, that includes their friends and families. It's more cultural and family oriented. Wouldn't you want to go to a celebration that has a sense of culture and speak  the native language so your family could be part of? Yeah, of course right.

Getting back to I was saying, this week has been Grad Fair Week people just buying their necessities for that moment of joy. Honestly, I was nervous stepping my foot inside because I knew that I wouldn't know what to expect. So early this morning, I walk in those double doors, I was completely lost, I didn't know where to go. I felt that I had lost of direction. Then, I stop and realize that this was it, I'm practically done with school. After struggling this last few years I was finally going to step on stage and get recognize that I was done. Even though I'm not done until December, still just thinking about this big accomplishment just scares me. After being in school for so long, I'm just speechless. I went back later on the day and  this time with the accompany with my two friends Linda and Blanca, I didn't feel so lost anymore.

Crisis Mode is where I am right now? Not yet believing that by the end of 2013 I won't no longer be a student here at CSULB. Long Beach as been indeed a second home, all the memories with my friends... ah I can't start, not now. I don't want to cry. I'll stop for now.

I still have a full year of memories... lets go BEACH! C/o 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment