Friday, October 31, 2014

Halloween and it's festivties

October 31 is just another regular day on my calender and don't particular like to celebrate it. In the past I have not been fond of the word Halloween and its connotations. I just believe gives a bad vibe. I must admit as a child I use to dress up and go trolling for candy at people's houses but hey it was fun getting free candy and dressing up as a character that you admire. But now that I've grown up, I see everything at different perspective. Instead of celebrating Halloween, I've learned to celebrate Dia de los Muertos, an event about honoring our loved ones by making an altar honoring them by placing personal items and such. Halloween is simply a day to excuse ourselves from reality and pretend to be something we are not. In a way, it's fun, exciting and enjoyable. This year, I decided to give dress up as Wonderman with a dead mask. Why? Well, instead of just dressing up, I wanted to give it a twist to my costume, so I decided to ask my mom to paint me a skull.
 <--- That's me, my mother is getting better at this face painting thing. I give her props for the amazing skills she has. Anyhow, the whole celebration Halloween is not related to my costume. I just happen to dress up as Wonderman today of all days, it's simply a conquincidence and the mask it's simply a representation for tomorrow's Dia de los Muertos holiday. And plus, the whole Halloween thing involves candy, which is something I don't have, so there. I'm not celebrating Halloween. 


#diadelosmuertos #ilikedressingup 

MH <3

No comments:

Post a Comment